There are just five days to go until Renegade Austin, and it’s finally set in that I’m actually doing this. Imminently. Any day now. I’m excited and exhausted and nervous and really, really looking forward to being there and having a great time and meeting a whole new group of wonderful people. I know this blog has been sadly silent for the last two months. Here’s a little taste of what I’ve been doing.
Renegade To-Do List:
1. Buy plane ticket and make hotel reservations: check.
2. Make bracelets, necklaces, and @%#(&*! pairs of earrings: check.
3. Apply for Texas state license to collect sales tax: check.
4. Create packaging, displays and signs: check.
5. Do inventory. Ugh, counting: check.
6. Think about what to wear, and decide I need to buy all kinds of new things, shoes included: check.
7. Make sure credit card processing info is up to date: check.
8. Blog entire preparation process, complete with pictures: FAIL.
9. Borrow suitcase: check.
10: Thank friends profusely for driving all my stuff down to Austin: ongoing-check-in-progress.
11: HAVE HYSTERICS: check.
12: Repeat step 11: check.
13: Drop off drycleaning: check.
14: Get through the rest of the work week: to-do.
15: Pick up drycleaning: to-do.
16: Pack: to-do.
17: Get on plane: to-do.
18: Have amazing good times in Austin: to-do.
To my fellow Austin Renegades, I can’t wait to meet you. I’ll see you there!
Below: Pictures of my trial run-through of setup. My actual booth will have about twice as much space, so this is only half of it, but you get the idea. I don’t have enough table space in my tiny apartment to actually set up the whole thing, so I’m just crossing my fingers that it looks good for the real deal.